my new filofax!



In this week's edition of The Sunday Currently, I announced that I was the proud owner of a brand-spankin-new Filox A5 Finsbury in Raspberry. And well, that's what we are here to talk about today, ladies & gents. Back when I was applying to Occupational Therapy schools in December, Justin told me that if I got in, he would gift me with something that had been topping my wish list: a Filofax. I knew that one of our local shops here in Wilmington carried the brand, & I wanted to buy from them if at all possible, so one day I just struck up a conversation with the lady at the register. As it turns out, they ordered my Filofax for me, & called me when it arrived. And, of course, I ran up to the shop like a crazy person. It was worth it. 

Today I'm sharing with you an unboxing & first look at my Finsbury. I have grand plans for this little thing, which I will share bits & pieces of as I describe it in its original state. As progress is made with organizing it & figuring out my system, I will share detailed updates.

I purchased my Filofax from a shop in downtown Wilmington called Occasions...Just Write. It is located in The Cotton Exchange, & it holds many treasures that I like to pore over every time I'm in the area. They carry paperblanks, Moleskine, Lilly Pulitzer, & a whole lot more [Filofax being another brand of theirs, obviously]. My Filofax was given to me in its original box, in a pretty mint green bag from the shop. 


The Filofax was encased in a protective plastic covering that spanned both the outside & inside of both the front & the back. A cardboard piece was placed on the snap closure to keep its structure during shipping. The plastic kept the gorgeous leather in tip-top shape as it made its way to Wilmington. In addition, a white sheet was placed in the inside front & back to protect the inner covers during transit.

The front inside cover features a zippered pocket, & six slip pockets, one of them being of the mesh variety, where I plan to store my school I.D. "Filofax A5 Finsbury Real Leather" is stamped into the inside cover as well, & there is an additional slip pocket where a small notebook could be stored.

I opened the box originally in the store, & we cut the seal that was holding all of the pages together during shipping, because I wanted to confirm that it came with the standard "week on two pages" diary, which it did. 

The first set of inside pages included tabs for organization; a few sheets of Filofax's standard to-do list; lined, graphed, & blank paper; a few contacts sheets; & green, blue, & pink lined paper. I plan to keep all of the note paper in my Filofax, but will more than likely remove all of the other items in this section. I may use the standard organizational tabs for a while, but I know there are a lot of really beautiful inserts to be purchased for this function.

The next set of pages comprised the "week on two pages" diary, which, as I said, comes standard in all Filofaxes. This section was separated from the rest, by a clear plastic ruler, which snaps in & out of the rings. At this time, I do not plan to use the "week on two pages" diary, because I don't think it is consistent with my scheduling needs at the moment. I plan to purchase the "month on two pages" & "day per page" diaries in the future, which I think will be much more appropriate for my planning style. 

At the back of the Filofax, there was a clear plastic cover sheet, which I plan to keep in place as a protective covering, as well as a matte plastic slip-cover, which I plan to move to the front of the planner. There is also a slip pocket on the inside of the back, which could easily house a notepad.


I hope you enjoyed getting a little first-look at my new Filofax. If you couldn't tell, I am extremely excited to get it set up & to begin using it in January 2015. In the interim, I will continue using my 2014 Organization Suite, which I will be sharing about in detail over the next few weeks. Next Tuesday, look for an introductory post, in which I will give a general overview of all the 2014 OS components. 

Do you have a Filofax? What kind? If not, what do you use to organize your days? Please share!

All items in this post were purchased by me. This is not a sponsored post. All opinions & professions of love are genuinely my own.

Comments

siddathornton said…
Oh, how lovely! They make such cute stuff to decorate your planner. I'm excited for you to share how you organize/decorate it!
siddathornton said…
It's beautiful! It'll be your lifeline in OT school. While I don't have a filofax, I do have an Emily Ley planner that is my other brain. There is something to be said for pen and paper to help you remember.
siddathornton said…
That's really pretty! I love the color of your Filofax. :) I use one of the Erin Condren Life Planners and love that thing. I carry it with me everywhere and feel a little lost if I don't have it/don't use it for a week. (Sometimes I go a week without opening it and always wonder why.)
siddathornton said…
That color is beautiful! Such a great choice!
siddathornton said…
So pretty! Organization can feel so amazing. :)

Popular Posts