love lists: june 2014.
Gasp! I have not shared a Favorites post with y'all since MARCH. How have I fallen this far behind? How have I let this go on for so long? Favorites posts are some of my very favorites to read [as well as some of my favorite YouTube videos to watch], so I'm excited to bring back this feature today. Read on to see what I've been loving in the sixth month of two thousand fourteen.
1. My Journal Composition Book. I know I've mentioned this nearly one million times, & I still haven't posted about my 2014 Organizational Suite [would you believe me if I told you it was coming soon?], but this little notebook comes everywhere with me. It holds my thoughts, my to-do lists, my blog post drafts... you name it, & it is in this book. I've recently mentioned that I've begun the practice of Morning Pages, & though sometimes they turn into Daily Pages [done later in the day], I can already feel a marked difference. They are like my therapy. I can't even tell you how good it feels to just sit down & brain dump onto three pages. And I never realized how much I had to say until I just sat down with a pen in my hand. Stock up on the classic black & white variety here . I certainly plan to.
2. My Blog Planner. I recently picked up a 17-month planner, which starts in July of this year & ends in December of 2015. It's the little polka-dotted spiral bound book you see in the photo. When I post my 2014 Organizational Suite [I know - I can't stop talking about it. Put it up already!] series, I will have a link to it for all of you, in case you're interested. It's really cute, & it's really helping me to organize my blogging schedule.
3. Carmex Lip Balm. I still have to credit Diane in my re-awakening with this product. I currently have two, one which lives in my makeup bag & is the sixth step in my daily makeup routine, & one which lives in my purse for near-constant daily application. I can't get enough of this stuff. I love the smell & taste of it.
4. e.l.f. Powder Brush. I had this brush in my collection for a long time before I really started using it. It's marketed as a powder brush, but it is a dense, flat top brush that I love using with liquid foundation. In fact, I've been using it constantly, with the foundation I'm about to talk to you about below.
5. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. I mix the shades 805 & 825 for my Summer color. I put one pump of each on the back of my hand, mix them together with the brush I just discussed above, stipple it all over my face, then buff it in to blended perfection. I absolutely adore this foundation. It is a full-coverage, flawless-finish, matte foundation, & its staying power is perfect for sticky, muggy, sunny Summer.
6. Vaseline Intensive Care Essential Healing Lotion. After finishing off my last tube of the Bath & Body Works Triple Moisture Body Cream in Honey Sweetheart, I knew I was looking for a basic lotion with intense moisturizing properties. This Vaseline selection is perfect for me right now. It has a light scent, it soaks into the skin like a dream, & it moisturizes like nobody's business. I bought a triple pack from Sam's, & the fact that I'm all stocked up brings me great joy.
7. Urban Decay Naked Palette. To say that this palette has been well-loved by me is an understatement. Just check the photos below for evidence. Pretty soon I'm going to have to buy a new one, since my favorite shades are disappearing fast. I plan to take a break from this baby for the month of July & put some of my other palettes to work, but I know I'll miss this one.
8. Bath & Body Works American Boardwalk Candle. I finally figured out why I love this candle so much: it smells exactly like one of my very favorite teas, which is Bigelow's Vanilla Caramel. Even if you haven't sampled that tea, you're still in for a rich, delicious treat with this candle. Truth be told, it could be an Autumn scent if it wanted to be; however, I like to think that I'll always associate it with this very Summer.
9. One Tree Hill. I know I haven't done a favorites post since March, but if I had, this show would probably have been on every single one of them. As I've mentioned in previous posts, this show is filmed in Wilmington, & our ooh-ing & ahh-ing over recognizing landmarks is a bittersweet way for us to wrap up our time in this city.
10. Coffee. Like, the kind you make in a pot. Is any further explanation necessary?
11. Drinking lots of water. I've been drinking between 82 & 110 ounces per day, & I feel wonderful.
What did you love in June? And what are you loving now? Have you written a Favorites post lately? I'd love to know - tell me in the comments!