Monday, July 29, 2013

savannah snapshot: flags + flowers.

Happy Monday, folks! I hope you got more sleep than I did. Justin & I thought it would be an excellent idea to stay up until past three o'clock in the morning, watching Something Borrowed & The Hunger Games. You know, we just weren't ready to let go of the weekend just yet, so we pretended it was still going on. ... And this morning, I'm paying for it a bit. Oh well, I'm about to sip some green tea, sit through my two classes, have a bit of a workout, then a LARGE NAP. After all, the summer semester is coming to a close in two days.

This morning I am sharing some more photos from our 4th of July trip to Savannah, these being of the flag-and-flower variety. I hope you'll enjoy the vivid blooms & patriotic pizazz just as much as we did. 

See? Savannah is packed with color, & a cozy kind of patriotism that makes you crave apple pie. [No? Is that just me?] Either way, it's safe to say that America's Birthday was the best time of year to trek southwards to this little peach of a city. 

Here's to a swiftly-moving Monday for all!

see other savannah posts here:

photos: flags & flowers in savannah on the fourth \ nikon

8 comments:

siddathornton said...

You have once again forced me to start daydreaming about the South and how much I want to explore all of it! Oh, darn, best to just go along with it, right? :) I love those sidewalks and the trees and flowers that line them. The colors! It's all so pretty.

siddathornton said...

Oh you're crazy, I love it! I need to watch the Hunger Games, I read the books and liked them, so I'm hoping the movie doesn't disappoint! Stunning photos once again! I love brick sidewalks, they have so much character! Enjoy your nap:)

siddathornton said...

We went to Savannah on Saturday to celebrate our anniversary [and to eat at Ruths Chris!]. I love Savannah.

siddathornton said...

I love these photos! Can you believe the summer term is almost over? It feels as if it just started... any who, love your blog and I look forward to seeing next week's Sunday Currently :)



Taylor @ Sapphires and Satires

siddathornton said...

thanks, ma'am! :) i really can't believe that summer classes are ending for me tomorrow. it seriously feels like i was beginning yesterday. i'm glad to have them behind me, though. looking forward to having you link up with the sunday currently in the weeks to come!

siddathornton said...

it really is the best, isn't it? we want to go back, soon.

siddathornton said...

haha, i really am! :) i thought the movie really was rather good. of course, the books will always be a little better. thanks about my photos! hope you're having a great week.

siddathornton said...

savannah should definitely top your list of southern cities to visit! it was picturesque. i will say, though: it was H-O-T!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...