the sunday currently, volume 44.




It's this kind of morning at the C residence: I'm drinking entirely too much extremely strong coffee & burning Christmas candles in an attempt to pretend that it is at LEAST Fall.

C  U  R  R  E  N  T  L  Y  .  .  .

R E A D I N G Rise and Shine, by Anna Quindlen. That means two things: 1. I FINALLY finished Bridget Jones's Diary [about five minutes before I started writing this post, in fact.], and 2. I went into the library on Friday, judged some books by their covers, & walked out with a book I'd never heard of before, that isn't on my Summer Reading List. I've found that sometimes, those wind up being the best reads.
W R I T I N G... ... ... ... ... It seems I'm either good at reading or writing at any given time, never both. 
L I S T E N I N G to The Open Championship on TV. Justin actually woke up before me this morning, so that he could come out into the living room & start watching it.
T H I N K I N G that two tests this week is a welcome change from the presentations of last week. They went well, but I psych myself up SO much before them. It's mentally exhausting. Plus, I barely slept last week. 
S M E L L I N G a fresh cup of coffee, which is sitting right next to me. I have been drinking hot chocolate in the mornings instead lately, in an effort to lower my caffeine intake a bit, so it is a special treat this morning. 
W I S H I N G for success in nabbing a part-time job.
H O P I N G for the same.
W E A R I N G a huge Tech hoodie from freshman year, as well as some green, polka-dot pajama pants. 
L O V I N G the shopping that Justin & I did at Mayfaire yesterday afternoon. We got a chair from Pottery Barn, as well as some cozy basics from Gap. And let's not gloss over our little pop into Starbucks. That alone is enough to make my day.
W A N T I N G a week-long beach vacation. Trudging down to the sand early in the morning, staying until around noon, having a lunch of sandwiches, heading back down to the beach around 4, & staying until sunset. And shopping at the outlets on rainy days. Oh, & dinner on the balcony. That's what I want, at this moment.
N E E D I N G a good workout in the gym this afternoon. 
F E E L I N G a bit jittery from this coffee, to be honest. 
C L I C K I N G this post & similar, trying to figure out what to do with my growing glass bottle collection. I also want to do one of these things with some empty wine bottles I've also been collecting.

What are you up to, folks? Please do share below. 

Comments

Kristin Saling said…
I'm with you on the tests vs. presentations. There's so much more effort and interaction that goes into a presentation than a test. And from a teaching side, it's a lot easier to grade a test than a presentation!

I'm also looking for good wine bottle crafts. And some good wine bottles. We recycled all of ours before we moved - but since I'm pretty good at producing empty wine bottles, it shouldn't be a problem.

:D KC
If you like Mason Jars you should check out the ones I am currently obsessed with! They're blue like Mason Jars were originally and I think they're just lovely.

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Heritage-Collection-Pint-Bands/dp/B00B80TJX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374431878&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+mason+jars
Jen said…
I love empty wine bottles! That week long beach vacation sounds perfect!
Alyssa said…
i think this is the first summer since ever that i don't have a week-long beach trip planned, and i am really really not a fan.
Charlotte said…
Your idea of a beach vacation sounds identical to mine. Love it!
Sarah said…
Ooh, I am with you on the beach vacation! Total relaxation, being outdoors, sunsets... that is my perfect summer.
siddathornton said…
i know, i wish that's where i was right now!
siddathornton said…
now, just to get there...
siddathornton said…
i feel you. we practically live at the beach & have only been once because it won't stop raining!
siddathornton said…
doesn't it though?!
siddathornton said…
i LOVE the blue ones. i'm thinking of getting paint to make all of my jars blue.
siddathornton said…
i just freak myself out SO much when having to speak in front of others. once i'm up there, i'm fine, but the days, hours, minutes, etc. beforehand, i'm freaking out. i had two presentations for my class this summer, & i'm happy to say they are finally out of the way!

Popular Posts