love lists: september 2013.
September 2013 was a month of nose-to-the-grindstone, blood-sweat-and-tears kind of work, in school as well as in other aspects of my life. It was a month of unrelenting to-do lists, days with far too few hours in them, & some - unfortunately - tearful moments spent in front of Statistics homework. But, I've made it through to the other side, & I'm ready to begin October with renewed hope, renewed enthusiasm, & renewed faith. But first... let's talk about the things I loved in the ninth month...
1. Archer Farms' Pumpkin Spice K-Cups. I'm a big lover of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte [yes, I'm one of the very many who line up the first day of September - or really, whenever it's released - to taste that first sip of fall-time-in-a-cup], but I've found this to be a lovely little alternative, which is much more cost-effective than a $4-per-day cup of joe. Thank you, Archer Farms.
2. NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in 723A Pink Cheek Glow. With the cooler months comes me wearing even more makeup than I already do. This, of course, means more blush, which is probably one of my favorite makeup items. This particular selection gives a rosy glow. Perfect any time of year, really, but especially beautiful for right now.
3. elf Contouring Blush & Bronzer Duo in blushed/bronzed. Another bargain, this bronzer has been compared to Nars' Laguna, & I can see why. I've really enjoyed it this month, & I find its pigmentation a pleasantly surprising experience each time.
4. Victoria's Secret Pink Body Lotion & Body Mist in Warm & Cozy. This one is a quintessential fall-time scent for me. Sweet, warm, & soothing, I've been slathering & spritzing it daily.
5. Homemade "Do" planner. Sometimes it just feels good to take matters into your own hands & design a planner. That's what I've been doing for the past couple of months, & it's something I plan to continue. Even though I'd like to add a Filofax to my organizational ranks come 2014, I will still be cranking out these homemade planners, to function as both a journal, as well as a rough-draft-planner, to map things out before neatly documenting them in my Filofax [hello, nerd alert].
6. The Wet Brush. A gift from my Mother-in-Law, I'm so glad to have this brush as part of my routine now. It can brush through the most difficult, tangly hair [read: mine] with ease & comfort. Note: your hair doesn't have to be wet to use it. That's just what it's called.
7. New Girl. I have a big love for Zooey Deschanel, so it didn't really surprise me when I took a liking to this show. But beyond her, the supporting cast is fantastic, hilarious, & lovable. Justin & I spent many-a-night laughing in front of this show. Love.
8. Glade candle in Fall Hayride. My new favorite candle. Go smell it & see/smell for yourself. It can easily compete with all of the Bath & Body Works favorites [the fall selections of which I need to stock up on soon].
Into watching vlogs?
Check out my corresponding September 2013 Favorites video here, or simply watch below!
What were you loving for the month of September? I'd love to hear about your favorite things.