Friday, November 1, 2013

NYC-bound! + friday's fancies #72: city style.

Happy November! A little bit later today, I will be boarding a plane that will take me to NYC for the first time, ever! I am beyond excited, because New York City has long topped my list of places I'd most like to visit. To make things even more exciting? I'm headed there to celebrate one of my oldest friends, Laura, by way of her bachelorette party! There will be dancing, there will be singing... there will be lots of catching up to do. If you'd like to follow along for the adventure, follow me on Twitter or Instagram... or stalk the hashtag #siddastravellog. I'm going to try to take some footage, so there may be a vlog headed your way in the coming week or so. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm off to celebrate my dear friend's upcoming nuptials.


This week's Friday's Fancies theme - dressing according to your city's style - is perfect for me this week, but not for obvious reasons. Since I'll be in New York City this weekend, I decided to depart from representing my hometown, instead opting to rep for the Big Apple! We'll be spending a lot of time out on the town, so I've pulled together a look showcasing classic, dramatic black - perfect for celebrating a bachelorette. This isn't what I'll be wearing this weekend, but I feel like [or hope] it captures the spirit of energetic NYC night life.

fireside reading
- I loved Alison's time-sensitive gift guide, which she posted earlier this week.
- Seriously gorgeous photos of some seriously gorgeous fall flowers.
- Meg's posts about New York have me even more excited to visit.

LSC

link-up: friday's fancies | {long distance loving}

fireside reading is the cold-weather counterpart of beach reading, 
which you may have seen in previous posts, such as this one.

12 comments:

siddathornton said...

Love the LBD :)

xoxo

Suzanne from written
by suzanne

siddathornton said...

Next to the beach, NYC is my favorite place to be! I've been there so many times since I live so close and my best friend lives there. It's such a magical city and there is so much to take in. Have a great weekend! You'll love the city!

siddathornton said...

Can't go wrong with those heels! Have fun in NYC. It's magnificent.
-Becky
The Pumpkin Spot

siddathornton said...

Oh my a bachelorette party in NYC?!! Too fun!!! Enjoy your weekend! I love that black dress!

siddathornton said...

That dress is classic and just perfect! Have a fabulous time!

siddathornton said...

Love this! Nice and classic.

Friday's Fancies

siddathornton said...

Have fun. The City is so pretty this time of year..all the leaves changing, etc. It is a tad warm now, but who cares?? All the best to your friend! Enjoy your new haircut in the City.

siddathornton said...

Sexy and classy - perfect for an NYC bachelorette weekend! Have an awesome time! :)

siddathornton said...

Enjoy your trip! Nowhere better to be this time of year than NYC!

siddathornton said...

Omg!! NY us in My top 10 list! Take so much photos! SPAM Us!!!
Lol enjoy!


www.sweetswithfreaks.blogspot.com

siddathornton said...

Hooray, NYC! I hope that are having a wonderful time there. Make sure to a get a cupcake from Magnolia!

siddathornton said...

I love the outfit! So chic!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...