Sunday, December 23, 2012

the sunday currently, volume 14.



reading the hobbit. the reading bug has bitten me again, & with perfect timing: critique cache will be back next month, & this is the book i'll be writing about. if you happen to be reading it too, make sure to come link up with your review on january 9th!
writing basically nothing. i haven't even been writing in my planner, which is seriously a sad state of affairs. i'm excited about writing in a one-sentence-per-day journal for 2013. 
listening to my christmas 2012 spotify playlist, which was finally compiled on friday. think the shins, she & him, the ravonettes, etc. 
thinking that this is probably about as redesigned as my blog is going to get for a while. i've switched up the color palette a bit, to include one of my favorite colors, navy. i had a grand redesign scheduled to go live at the beginning of the new year, but i just can't part with what i have now. i think i've grown attached. i was talking to justin about it the other night, & he thinks a change would be refreshing. i told him it may have to happen in small increments. over-thinking this, much? probably.
smelling a freshly-lit candle. and a freshly-brewed pot of coffee. my favorite sunday morning combination.
wishing my parents & sister safe travels for the last leg of their drive before they arrive here!
hoping we get to go to the george today. if not today, then maybe tomorrow?
wearing my xxl tshirt, which is basically the most comfortable thing ever. and some green & white polka-dotted pajama pants. i'll be getting dressed soon, though, because we have some errands to run before my family arrives.
loving that my family will be arriving in wilmington today! i can't wait to show them around our new town.
wanting another diet coke. i had two yesterday. that's a lot for someone who hasn't been drinking soft drinks. that's why i never keep them in the house. oh, and the mint oreos we currently have in the fridge are definitely calling me. cold mint oreos are my favorite cookie, hands down.
needing a tall glass of water & a long workout. i don't think it's going to happen today. the workout, that is.
feeling like i miss my friends. i got the cutest christmas card ever from lindsey yesterday. 
clicking this ultra-inspiring post by wonder forest. it really resonated with me, & i can't stop thinking about it. anyone can do anything if they try.

merry christmas eve eve! i hope you all are enjoying some relaxing time with your loved ones.


photo: a festive fridge \ instagram

2 comments:

Tina Byland said...

I didn't get a workout today either. Instead I got thousands of calories at a Brazilian steakhouse. Blame the holidays and raise your glass. Salud!

(sidenote, I was so SAD when I missed the Currently last week! It's like, my favorite part of the day. For real. Can't let that happen again)

Unknown said...

I hadn't seen that post on Wonder Forest yet, so thanks for sharing! It's definitely eye opening :) xoxo

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...