Monday, September 21, 2015

from my library perch.

Hello. Good morning. Greetings. 

I'm coming to you today from my school's library. I am perched at one of the prime tables, right when you walk in, staring out over the already-packed parking lot. I both rose early and got here early today, and that is more than I can say for any of the previous weeks of this semester. I feel like I am finally settling into the groove of fall two-thousand-fifteen, and boy do I hope it stays that way.

There is a list of things, sitting to my left, staring at me, coaxing me to do the right thing and possibly cross some of those tasks off, as I have quite a load of free time ahead before class starts. 

But, instead, here I am, writing this blog post. A few of my classmates have zoomed by my table, headed to work on projects, or perhaps read, or perhaps type out blog posts of their own. They ask me what I'm up to, and when I reply, "blogging," I feel transported back to a time when that was almost everything I really had to do each day, back when I was here. I miss Wilmington, especially recently, but I am happy to be busy and to be working toward something in OT school. That's for sure. 

I've been missing Texas lately, too. And yearning for a visit. And Shreveport. I've been missing a lot of places. 

And with the holidays on the distant horizon, that vague sort of excitement has been hanging in the air around me, infusing my days with small, delightful joys. This is, by far, my favorite time of the year. And autumn will officially be upon us in two days.

And, Justin got back into town, via CLT --> PGV late last night. Tahoe and I greeted him as he hauled his golf bag, suitcase, and laptop bag into the waiting vehicle. Words can't express how glad I am that he is home. Words can't express how grateful I am for friends who know that I hate staying home alone and either let me spend the night with them, or spend the night with me. Words can't express how much I truly love normalcy and routine. And couch time each night with television and movies and dinner together. 

I've been running and working out a lot recently, too. I ran in a 5k this past Saturday, and I ran the entire time, which is something I haven't been able to do lately. It was just as much a mental victory as a physical one, and now I am more inspired than ever. This inspiration is expertly timed, as another half marathon has been signed up for, hurtling toward me via its April 2016 date. To say I'm excited is an understatement. To say I'm in for lots and lots of training is an understatement. But, I'm hell bent on training correctly for my second half, since I did everything but for my first. And then, another 5k is on the docket for this weekend.

Thus concludes this rambly bit of nonsense I've elected to post on the internet this morning. I hope these words find you well, and that maybe you're sipping a pumpkin iced coffee, just like I am. 

No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...