Sunday, September 27, 2015

the sunday currently, volume 108.



fall leaves on a gloomy saturday in greenville

Good morning! Today, we are hoping for the accomplishment of a few things: grocery shopping, finishing up some chores around the house, and running a 5k! Though it's been raining all weekend, we are excited to get out and participate. 

On this race-day Sunday, I am currently...

reading for school later on today. I'm determined to get caught up and stay caught up this week. All it's going to take is a little motivation, a lot of discipline, and virtually no procrastination. I can do this.
writing lots of blog posts lately. Did you notice? I wrote one on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday of this last week. As I tweeted last week, blogging makes me feel like myself again. I can't tell you how good it feels to be back. I think last year I was so consumed with starting school and getting my bearings, I found it hard to make time for writing and blogging. Luckily, I feel a little more settled in this fall, so I am able to take a little more time for the normal, everyday things that I love.
listening to my Fall 2015 playlist, as well as Houndmouth's new album, Little Neon Limelight. My playlist has lots of old familiar favorites on it, with an infusion of a few new things, which I've found is my usual playlist-making style. The Houndmouth album is that kind of haunting southern-ish rock that I have really been drawn to during this season. By the way, I'm not a music writer, and I've never claimed to be. Take my descriptions with a touch of forgiveness. 
thinking about everything that needs to get done this week. There's a lot, but it's all do-able. So do it I will. I've spent a lot of this semester worrying that I'm not getting enough done from day to day, which has resulted in the return of stress dreams. It's time to take a step back, be productive, and remind myself that I'm doing the best I can.
smelling the pumpkin candle I've been burning lately has been such a treat. It feels good to be deep in the throes of the fall season, doesn't it? The weather this weekend has been a bit gloomy, yes, but it has afforded that perfect fall backdrop to all of the goings-on. 
wishing for an effortlessly productive nature. 
hoping to watch more episodes of Gotham this week.
wearing gray nail polish, tons of scarves, relaxed fit jeans, and t-shirts. And hoping to add my first-ever pair of converse to this equation soon. Should I get black or navy? Or gray? Help me out.
loving crossing things off of my to-do list lately. And loving my Filofax to house all of those lists. I do think I will be going with the Erin Condren Life Planner for 2016, but I'll be enjoying my day-per-page planning until then.
wanting endless cups of hot coffee and lattes lately, with the rainy, windy weather. There's no better combination. Also, coffee cake. cinnamon swirl coffee cake, to be exact.
needing a trip home. I can't even express the extent of my homesickness lately. Watching LSU football yesterday struck a particular nerve, leaving me yearning for my hometown, for Baton Rouge, for New Orleans, for Dallas, and for all the people contained within those places.
feeling, well, homesick, as I just described to you in needing. But also feeling a little under the weather, a little worse for wear, a little disillusioned, burned-out, and heavy with emotion. I know that this will get better. Especially if I stick to positivity and productivity for the week to come. 
clicking my DSLR lately. With the rebirth of blogging, naturally the rebirth of taking photos was to follow. I feel such joy over these recent developments. I am giddy with comfort and joy.

Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope that you are having a great weekend.

--
siddathornton through the years:
2012 | 2011

What are you doing? Link up and share below.

No comments:

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...