Friday, December 20, 2013

friday's fancies #76: warm & cozy indeed.

Happy Friday! Today is a day that will be spent doing last-minute errands & putting an extra shine on our apartment, because tomorrow, we leave for Shreveport! Can you tell I'm excited? Because I am. Hopefully by the time you are reading this, I will have knocked out quite a few items on my before we leave to-do list, but if I haven't, that means I'll be running around like a crazy person all day. The latter is probable, & such is life, I suppose.

friday's fancies #76: warm & cozy.
sweater | scarf | house shoes | mug | leggings

So, let's talk about this outfit for a minute. As it stands, two of the items in this set are sold out. Which, I guess, means that myself & a lot of people have a penchant for the cozy & comfy at the moment. The sweater & the house shoes are those two items, & I can't really blame people for scooping them up. They would be two perfect additions to the scene I'm envisioning with this outfit, which involves me sitting in front of a fire, sipping on a peppermint mocha [preferably out of this mug that I'm obsessed with], wrapped up in pretty much the coziest infinity scarf I've ever seen [maybe I can teach myself to knit a comparable one?]. And lately, I don't care if leggings are pants are not - I want to live in them & pretend that they are.

fireside reading:
- This post from Elizabeth isn't exactly recent, but it spoke to me this week.
- With a return to Shreveport on the quickly-approaching horizon, Laura's post about returning launched me into reflections about my hometown, & how excited I am to visit there.

link-up: Friday's Fancies on {long distance loving}

1 comment:

siddathornton said...

I want it all! It looks so comfy!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...