Tuesday, December 31, 2013

where i've been this year.

As 2013 is coming to a close, I can't help but reflect back on all the wonderful, exciting trips Justin & I have been able to take this year. I've been so lucky to have traveled to many, many new places, & I thought I would share exactly where I've been this year with you below. Any posts associated with our travels will be linked as well. Enjoy! 

where i've been in 2013

Oh, & please note: not all states are placed in their geographically correct positions.

In January, we traveled to Shreveport, Louisiana for Laura & Jonathan's engagement. Then, we drove a moving truck with a lot of furniture in it back to Wilmington. There was a very quick stop over in Dallas, & I think that counts. 

In February, we visited Charleston, South Carolina, & we took TONS of photos. This post has links to all of the posts from that particular trip.

In March, we visited & fell in love with Pinehurst, North Carolina. Justin attended a Gastroenterology conference. I walked around & took photos. We also trekked across North Carolina, visiting Winston-Salem, Hickory, Asheboro, & Charlotte, during a birthday road trip for Justin.

While I was visiting Shreveport for a month in May, I got to see my mom get inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, attend Lindsey's Bachelorette Party at Jazz Fest, attend Kelsey's graduation, celebrate Mother's Day, & stand in Lindsey's Wedding.

For the 4th of July holiday, we visited Savannah, Georgia.

At the very end of August/very beginning of September, Justin went to play in a golf tournament with his friend Tim, & I met them in Raleigh that weekend to see Louisiana Tech play. I also visited ECU in Greenville with Rebekah.

In October, we went back to Charleston to celebrate our first anniversary.

In November, I got to visit NYC for the first time, in honor of Laura's Bachelorette Party.

At the beginning of December, we finally got to cross Nashville off our to-travel-to list. And we stopped to eat in Asheville on the way there. And then, on the twenty-first, we flew in for a very Shreveport Christmas, arriving in Monroe for a Christmas celebration with Justin's side of the family. And on the day this post goes up, we will be headed to Dallas for a New Year's celebration, & later this week, we will be participating in Laura's wedding festivities!

We took a few road trips over to Myrtle Beach throughout the year also, mainly just to shop at their outlet malls.

I'm thankful to have visited all of these places, but most of all, I am thankful for a husband who is willing & able to send me to all of these places. I can't wait to see what kind of travel 2014 has in store!





here we are eating at one of our favorite travel finds: Loveless Cafe in Nashville

For all travel posts, click here.
For all posts about the following cities, click them: Charleston, Charlotte, Jackson, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Raleigh, Savannah, & Shreveport.

Tell me: where have you been this year?

Also, want to find more state silhouettes? They're all here.

4 comments:

siddathornton said...

You've been to so many places this year! How fun to reflect on those memories. :)

siddathornton said...

You certainly traveled a lot! Nashville and New Orleans are both on my hopefully soon list!

siddathornton said...

You've had a lot of fun travels this year!

siddathornton said...

My travelling was actually pretty low key this year. I plan to visit some new places this year! Ive never been to Tennesee or Louisiana so those would be interesting trips!

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...