Tuesday, January 24, 2012

carolina new year: the arrival.


i set out in the wee hours of the morning
on new years eve, a saturday,
bound for raleigh, north carolina.
& as the wheels touched down, i realized -
this place will be my new home.

as i passed through the arrival gate
of the serene, modern - beautiful - RDU,
i was happy to see justin waiting for me
at the airport starbucks.
we chose our lattes - our fraps,
and departed for lunch.

woody's at city market was our
restaurant of choice - burritos & sandwiches.

then, it was finally time to head to kinston -
finally time to see where justin had been
living & working all this time without me.

i was so excited to see what kinston
simply felt like.

and i have to say - i'm happy with what i found.


photos: iphone

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked it. You gotta like where you're gonna live!

Unknown said...

Such a good feeling to be happy with the feel of the new city you will call home :) I can totally relate right now!

Nav said...

love the photos!

xo Nav
http://www.navlandstyle.blogspot.com/

memory said...

just seeing you two together makes me happy.

SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

That's so amazing you loved it! So much happiness ahead of you :)

Nicole Rene said...

Did you move to Raleigh!? One of my friends here used to go to school there & she loved it! So fun experiencing & adventuring around a new city! I moved to Savannah in August & I still feel like there are things to explore! Congrats on the new move! :)

Nicole said...

Hi! I saw your comment on the Handling with Grace post I did! Kinston is so random!! But since you're so close to me, I'd love to get together!! There's a lot of fun stuff to do around here!! :)

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...