Saturday, January 21, 2012

our wedding venue.

today, my mom, dad, & i are headed south to baton rouge to tour the wedding venue. in case you're wondering where exactly justin & i are getting married in the coming months, here's the answer:


nottoway plantation, in white castle, louisiana.

when i was younger, my family would often take trips to gulf shores, alabama, for a stay at the beach each summer. we always traveled through baton rouge, & every once in a while, we would take tours of the historic antebellum homes on the river road, on our way back to shreveport. nottoway was always my favorite, & from the time i was about eleven, i have proclaimed that this is where i want to get married. my love of this historic landmark is immense, & i can't wait to simply be there again.

i couldn't be more thrilled that it's actually happening.

i wish justin was making the trip with us!


photo: via nottoway

20 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh my gosh, stop it, that is so beautiful! What a perfect place for a wedding!
xo,
E

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Wow! That is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous!! It's a perfect place for a wedding!

miss andrea lee said...

Wow! It's absolutely stunning!!

Grace said...

Gosh, that house is incredibly beautiful! Lucky you for visiting. :)

sorelle in style said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like an absolute fairytale location! Congratulations to you two!!

Your blog is lovely - we're now happily following! Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

-j
sorelle in style

memory said...

i do believe my mouth just dropped open in utter amazement.

southernpinky.blogspot.com

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

wow, that is stunning! so magical.

Kate said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous! Hope you are having a wonderful time!

Kristen Victoria said...

WOW! I'm in awe... that looks like a fairytale mansion reserved for royalty! So romantic! Your wedding is going to be amazing <3

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

Oh, my! So stunning!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

omg, can I come? haha How beautiful! What a lucky girl!!

jas said...

how incredible! enjoy every minute :)

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Holy cow...stunning!!!

Stephanie said...

oh. my. god. that house is stunning!!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

This location is amazing! It's seriously breathtaking. The wedding will be perfect!

P.S. I didn't realize you were from Louisiana! I'm headed to NOLA in a few months. Any must-sses?

My-cliffnotes said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love it, congrats.

Newest follower, excited to read more and follow along.
Tab
my-cliffnotes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh my goodness! this is incredible! what an amazing venue :)

-megan

Nicole Rene said...

Are you freaking kidding me?! My mouth is drooling....... I now want to know every little detail of what you have planned so far! And am thinking this would be an AWESOME guest post I could feature on my blog if you're interested.... I love everything weddings working for an event planner!!!!!!!

That place is seriously beautiful.

natasha {schue love} said...

WOW! What a gorgeous setting and venue!! So so charming! :)

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...