a few things.
old postcards in a castle street antique shop
Well, today has been a day mainly consisting of antiquing. We started out with lunch at Atlanta Bread, which is a place I've grown to really adore over the past couple of years here in Wilmington. After a quick lap around the Mayfaire Town Center, we trekked over to The Ivy Cottage, which is - hands down - our favorite antique shop in town. The selection, the reasonable pricing, the complimentary coffee... add in that it was raining & thundering as we explored, & you have a little glimpse into my perfect kind of day. Then, it was on to Castle Street, where we browsed a shop we had never been in before. Now we've come home for a little breather before we head out for dinner this evening. All in all, a lovely day.
I just wanted to pop in on this gloomy, rainy Friday afternoon to share a few things with all of you.
- I've been obsessed with crochet lately, & I'm currently working on a single-crochet scarf made out of "Fort Worth Blue" yarn. I may look up a pattern next & try my hand at that. Or, I may just make a double-crochet scarf.
- After reading about Heather Wardell's morning routine, I've decided to incorporate Morning Pages into my daily routine. I think it will be an excellent stress-relieving exercise.
- I've been drinking out of my elephant mug from Kelsey a lot lately. It makes me happy. What have I been drinking out of it? Creme brûlée coffee, black, with one Stevia in the Raw.
- Today, my schedule of classes for my first semester of Occupational Therapy School was finalized. I am BEYOND excited, & I can't wait until school starts! I'll be writing more about this soon.
- Similarly, our move to Greenville is coming up soon, which I also plan to write about. We are hiring movers for the first time ever, which definitely takes some of the stress out of the equation.
- Two years ago, my sister was in Paris, studying abroad with Millsaps College. She wrote a journal while there, & it's available to read here. That is what is on the docket for me this afternoon.
What are you up to today? What's on your mind? Tell me in the comments! Tomorrow's post will include my thoughts on blogging every day in June. See you then, & happy weekend!
Want to join me in blogging every day in June? The more the merrier. I even made a button to celebrate the occasion. Feel free to use it in your blog sidebar or in the body of your posts. Let's encourage one another to get back to our blogging roots. Happy blogging!