travel notes: a smattering of likes & dislikes.
as i've learned through kara's experience, when traveling abroad, there are perks upon perks upon perks. hopping the pond does have its setbacks, however. today i am sharing kara's likes & dislikes of overseas travel in paris, france. i will definitely consult this list when i get the opportunity to travel abroad!
'things i love:
- macaroons [i've had caramel & chocolate so far]
- le marais area
- people-watching everywhere
- kinder candy [tastes like nutella in a chocolate candy bar]
- parisian style [this mainy consists of conservative dress. neutral colors, cigarette pants, hi-tops or boots, wide-rimmed glasses, & messy hair]
- how it stays light here until 10:30 p.m.
- the graffiti [it is everywhere - that's why i'm writing my research paper about it. it's obviously important to the people here]
things i don't like:
- getting lost on the metro [realizing you're going the wrong direction as the doors close]
- tripping up the stairs in promod and two french girls laughing at me
- having trouble ordering food at restaurants
- not having access to a dryer
- completely unpredictable weather'
i love that we have been able to communicate while she's overseas. for some reason, i had this idea that we weren't going to be able to be in contact at all. silly me, it is the twenty-first century, after all.
read more about kara's adventures in paris:
photos: le petit palais, graffiti, & new kicks, paris, france \ courtesy of kara