Friday, March 15, 2013

friday's fancies #62: st. patrick's day!

In my family, St. Patrick's Day has always - well, at least since 1992 - been a holiday we celebrate full-force. It's not because we're Irish, it's not because we all love the color green, or anything like that... it's because my sister was born that day! And she has red hair. And is really short. Seriously. This stuff cannot be made up.

And this birthday is a big one - we're talking the big 2-1. And while I won't be celebrating with her on her actual day, I have a few tricks up my sleeve, as well as a visit in May that we will no doubt take advantage of on the celebration front. 

While she's celebrating her milestone in Shreveport, Justin & I will be enjoying a visit from our Dallas family over here in Wilmington. As I'm sitting in a coffee shop, typing up this post, I'm waiting for the clock to strike one so I can head to the airport to pick them up. We are so excited to have them here, & I hope they'll enjoy exploring North Carolina with us this weekend! If we lived in a perfect world, here is what I'd be wearing for our adventures...


friday's fancies #62: st. patrick's day!top | boots | jeans | aviators | bag | earrings

I'm a little pressed for time this week, so I'm going to have to skip writing my Friday's Letters for the third week in a row. I have something planned for next week, though, so it's safe to assume they'll be returning. You know, in case you were worried.



link-up: friday's fancies \ {long distance loving}

20 comments:

Erin Reissig said...

Dude, I love that shirt!

kcsaling said...

Super cute outfit - I love that top! Happy weekend :D KC

Allyssa said...

Fun outfit. I really love the color of those jeans!

Mree said...

Love those jeans and that bag!! Super cute!! Happy Friday!!

Taylor said...

In love with those tinted aviators!!! So cute!

Jess said...

Green aviators!? My boyfriend would die if I got him those, so cool!

Some Snapshots Blog
Jess

Allison Platte said...

Fun outfit... love all the shades of green! PS I've been MIA for awhile so just seeing the new design.. love it!



Allison
www.allisonplatteblog.com

Emily Fitzgerald said...

my little sister was born the day before st. patty's! so close. i guess it just extends the celebration...


happy st. pattys! xox

so anthro said...

So fun! Love the green pants, and those shamrock earrings are adorable :)

Ashley Jane said...

I think I'm in love with your outfit! Those green skinnies need to be in my closet. I've been seeing more and more boots like that lately. They're sort of growing on me. I hope you enjoy having company... and have a good weekend too!

Oh... and what an appropriate day for your sister to be turning 21. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi therе! Ѕomeone in my Myspace group shared this site with us sο I саme tο cheсk it out.
I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking
and will be tωeetіng thiѕ to my fоlloweгѕ!
Outstanding blog anԁ brilliant deѕign and style.


Feеl free to visit my homepage; Chemietoilette

siddathornton said...

i really didn't like that style of boots at ALL at first - but it has really grown on me, to the point of loving them, though i don't yet own any. and i think if i had those skinnies in my closet, i'd wear them nearly every day. i LOVE the color of them.


unfortunately my sister is feeling under the weather today & won't even be out celebrating :(


hope your weekend is going well!

siddathornton said...

i'm jealous of their st. patty's birthdays! seems like it'd be fun to have everyone celebrating :)

siddathornton said...

thank you so much, ma'am! of course, i'm already dreaming up a new design. it'll probably stay this way for a while, though :)

siddathornton said...

i think they're cool, too! i thought they were pretty unique :)

siddathornton said...

me too - i want them!

siddathornton said...

thank you, ma'am! i hope you're having a great weekend!

siddathornton said...

me too - i think they'd be a great asset to anyone's closet!

siddathornton said...

the top is what i built the whole outfit around - i think it's really cute :) hope you're having a great weekend!

siddathornton said...

you & me both! ;)

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...