Wednesday, April 17, 2013

wilmington snapshot: a day at the beach.

When our Dallas family was here, we went to the St. Patrick's Day Parade. We also spent an afternoon at Wrightsville Beach, which Justin & I consider a little slice of Wilmington heaven. There's just something about the simplicity of a rural, pastel-hued beach that leaves me wanting to come back again & again. As it continues to get warmer around here, we look forward to many afternoons spent on this sprawling expanse of solitude.

Want to see more photos from the afternoon? They're all here.

12 comments:

Stephanie Mostek said...

It looks so beautiful there! Completely jealous, I've never been to an actual beach (by the ocean) in my life.

Casey Auch said...

Gorgeous pictures!

Allyssa said...

Beautiful! I could use a day at the beach right about now!

Heidi Nickal said...

eeek I can't wait we are visiting the area in June and this makes me so excited!

Sarah // The Quixotic Chica said...

Such beautiful, soft sunlight! I need a beach day when it warms up a bit more. :)

siddathornton said...

it was so, so windy that day, but it was also lovely. i can't wait to go back when it's really warm, so i can soak up some sun!

siddathornton said...

YAY! you're going to love it. let me know if you need any restaurant recommendations!

siddathornton said...

it was worth braving the wind that day, that's for sure! i can't wait to go back.

siddathornton said...

thank you so much!

siddathornton said...

you need to try it! it's so nice. i can't wait to go back!

Betsy Transatlantically said...

that kite picture makes me feel so free!

Heidi Nickal said...

I would love some! We will be going with a couple kids if you know anywhere kid friendly

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...