Tuesday, January 29, 2013

a little wish list: drug store beauty products.

a little wish list: drug store beauty products.


with the amount of youtube beauty videos i watch from day to day, i have quite a formidable products wish list forming in my iphone notes. today, i thought i'd share a few of the drug store selections i'm currently eyeing. if i'm lucky enough to scoop some of these products up over the next few months, i'll go ahead & review them here on the blog for anyone who may be interested, complete with pretty detail photos taken with our new camera [i know... i'm obsessed]!

FACE | the revlon colorstay foundation for combo/oily skin has topped my list of favorite drug store foundations since i first applied it. and since the whipped creme makeup variety has gotten stellar reviews from my go-to youtube beauty gurus, of course i want to try it & compare with the original. as for the rimmel clean finish matte foundation, this is also one i will want to try due to my love for its counterpart: the original clean finish 100% poreless foundation. since my skin leans toward the oily side in the warmer months, i'll be purchasing the matte variety to tame the glow of my summer time skin. i'm not crazed with my current concealer routine, & through the recommendation of emilynoel83, the revlon photoready stick concealer currently tops my drugstore concealer wish list. glowing recommendations urge me to pick up the rimmel stay matte powder. i will more than likely choose the translucent selection. rounding out the face category is a bronzer by hard candy, in the shade tiki. this shade isn't being shown online, but i know i have seen it in my local wal-mart. and i don't plan to use this as a bronzer - i plan to use it as a cheekbone highlight. 

EYES | due to my overflowing eye shadow stash, i only felt the need to wish for one item in this category. another emily recommendation, the hard candy baked eye shadow duo in high maintenance is one i plan to scoop up immediately, especially since it's showing as unavailable online [i know i've seen it in my local wal-mart, though].

LIPS | here is where the bulk of my wishing lies right now. notice a trend? all three of my lip wishes fall into the nude category, something i never would have dared to think a year ago. i used to think this genre of lip products gave off a rather lifeless appearance, but i have since learned it's all in how it's applied. i'm looking forward to testing my technique on these shades. the one i'm wishing for most, you ask? the neutrogena moisture smooth color stick in warm caramel.

NAILS | both of these selections were inspired by photos. my friend, anna claire, is currently loving essie's fiji, & due to how beautiful it looked on her, i am jonesing for it to be part of my collection. and sand tropez? it's long been on my list, but a photo i saw over the weekend catapulted it to the top of my list.

love wish lists? be on the lookout - i have more coming up in the next few weeks. there will be a high end beauty edition, as well as a fashion edition, for my little wish list series.

12 comments:

Amanda || Eclectic Snapshots said...

I love the Revlon lip butters, I seriously have almost every color!

Kate Harvey said...

I love Essie Sand Tropez, such a beautiful neutral shade!

Allyssa said...

I watched the Emily Awards and I definitely want to try the concealer stick and the hard candy baked eye shadows (among many other things, haha). Those nail polish colors are gorgeous.. definitely adding those to my wishlist!

Allison @ In the Queen City said...

Ohhh thanks for sharing! I love using other people's make up recommendations... I get overwhelmed with options so I always buy what other people say they like haha.

Allison said...

What a super helpful post, gf!! I've been trying to find a way to navigate through the far too many options that abound in the drugstore cosmetic corner. Thanks for the help!!

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

I have that revlon lip color and I love it. It is a very flattering nude lip color!

Shia
World According to Shia

henning love said...

oh yes get fiji as part of your nailpolish collection for sure!! i love that color ever since i was introduced to it via emily the bachelorette

Clare C. Whitaker said...

I am not a huge make-up person, but I do wear bronzer often. I love exploring all the beauty posts...because it teaches me a little bit more about the "product" world. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

Toodles,
Twirling Clare

Tina Byland said...

ok. here I go. Sand tropez looks TERRIBLE on me. I've used it on ONE nail before realizing it's not for my skin tone. Email me your address. I'll ship you mine and save you the $10. ;)

Ashley said...

I'm an Essie nail polish fanatic. I have both of those colors you mentioned... and I have to admit, I get the most compliments when I wear those colors. Get them asap! ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues.
When I look at your blog site in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other
then that, amazing blog!

Here is my blog ... http://yumit.com/alanvega49

Anonymous said...

For extreme Beauty tips tips do check our profile hauteher tips for women

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...