Thursday, January 3, 2013

waving goodbye to 2012.


in january, jenny got engaged , my family & i visited our wedding venue, & i visited justin in his new home of kinston, north carolina, in celebration of the new year. 

in february, i quit my job, bought my wedding dress, & visited my sister in jackson. 

in march, justin & i were thrown a surprise engagement party, i moved to kinston, we took our first road trip to wilmington, & justin turned twenty-six.

in april, justin's mom & sister came to visit us in kinston, we went on a little golf date & another road trip to wilmington, & we flew into shreveport for the sae golf tournament, to take engagement photos, & to celebrate my dad's birthday.

in may, we sadly lost a dear pet, i obnoxiously blogged each may photo-a-day challenge picture that i took, i toured raleigh with jordan & jim, & i read the fifty shades trilogy.

in june, i was thrown my first wedding showerlindsey got engagedi lauched critique cache, & kara studied abroad in paris.

in july, i read dracula, our move to wilmington became official, i moved back to shreveport & worked for my dad, & anna claire & i road tripped to alabama for jenny's beachy bachelorette party.

in august, my cousin geoff got married in new orleans, siddathornton turned one, jenny got married in new orleans, justin started his new job, we adopted libby lou, i turned twenty-six,  & we road tripped to alabama again, this time for my labor day weekend bachelorette party.

in september, my mom & i went to the tasting for our wedding reception, i officially launched the sunday currently, i read where we belong, & i was thrown another wedding shower... and another.

in october, JUSTIN & I GOT MARRIED & HONEYMOONED IN PORTLAND, MAINE, celebrated our one-year engagement anniversary, & i attended dracula book clublindsey & tison's engagement party.

in november, i moved to wilmington to be with my husband, i discovered my first favorite place in my new city, & we celebrated our first married thanksgiving with a quiet celebration together in our new apartment.

in december, justin bought me a new car, we bought our first christmas tree, justin & i visited mike's farm with a friend, i announced the january return of critique cache, my family visited wilmington for our first married christmas, & justin & i flew in to shreveport to surprise laura as she got engaged, followed by a moving-truck-trek back to wilimington. 

whew! like i said, it's been quite a year. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't happy to have some of the stress behind me, but i know that i'll always look fondly on all the important events that took place in those 365 days that comprised the past year. some of the events mentioned in this post - namely, our wedding & honeymoon, as well as laura's engagement & our road trip trek to wilmington - have not yet been expressed fully in photos here. just know - those posts are coming soon!


4 comments:

Jenny Colomb said...

well done. loved this.

Allison @ In the Queen City\ said...

Sounds like quite a year! Love these posts... might have to do one of my own!

Unknown said...

2012 was a big year for you Lauren! I'm so happy I got to follow along through it all :) Here's to a fabulous 2013! I can't wait to see what it brings you! xoxox

Shon said...

What a whirlwind year! We have a few things in common besides a blog and a dslr! I also was married at 26! Although I did not have quite as many showers as you....;)

Happy life to you and your sweetie and so nice to meet you.

Shon;)

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...