Friday, January 18, 2013

weekender.

this weekend, justin's sister & her husband are coming to visit wilimington. i can't wait to show them around, eat at some new restaurants, & just enjoy having company. i love when family visits!

here are some things i've taken interest in over the past few days - perhaps you'd like to peruse them, too?

-- i was doing a bit of google searching & came across this blog which offers up advice on how to DIY your blog design. i've been meaning to spruce things up around here lately, & i think i may have found the golden ticket right here. i can't wait to see where this takes me over the next couple of weeks.

-- in a similar vein, this blog seems to be an endless fountain of knowledge, advice, & guidance. not to mention, i'm just oddly drawn to read more about her life. i find her interesting & inspiring!

-- a friend told me about pottermore when it was first released, but only just recently have i really gotten into it. if you're a harry potter nerd like i am, you'll enjoy this. promise.

-- i love monogram necklaces, & i have been on a hunt for the perfect one since before justin & i got married in october. i still want one of those frilly, fancy gold ones, but i also want one of these, in tortoise. i think they are so unique & edgy. it was love at first sight. i learned of them here.

-- here is a gorgeous makeup look for a date night out. tanya burr is my favorite youtube beauty guru at the moment. i've been watching her videos non-stop since before christmas.

-- another of my favorite beauty gurus is currently showcasing her emily awards series. see the face edition here; see the eyes edition here. i consider emily an expert - she has the BEST beauty advice & recommendations.

-- i read a post about modern dating [or how couples are glued to their cell phones during dinner dates] here... & truthfully, it really opened my eyes to how disrespectful it is to retreat to your cell phone in the presence of someone else. i've pledged to myself to change this behavior.




happy friday! here's to a fun weekend with the in-laws.
i hope i'll see you all back here on sunday for another edition of the sunday currently.



photo: walking through wilmington \ nikon

10 comments:

Betsy Transatlantically said...

a friend told me that whenever she goes out to dinner with a group, they all put their cells in the middle of the table. the first one to reach for it before the bill has been paid has to pay the whole thing! what incentive.

Kate Harvey said...

Thanks for the link! I'm glad it resonated with you :) Also, I'm happy you wrote about the Tanya Burr videos. I've been experimenting with gel eyeliner so I'm going to look her up for some tips!

Have a great weekend :)

Marie said...

It drives me nuts being out and people are playing on their phones. I wish people realized how rude it was.
Have a wonderful weekend!!

MICHELLE CURRY said...

I have dabbled a little bit in blog design. I created my design & a couple of friends. Being able to change your blog up whenever you want without dropping big $ is always a good feeling. I can't wait to check out this blog for some more tips. Great post & have a happy Friday.

Elen Ellis said...

i really like your posts and you blog!! it's so interesting!!


New Post on my Blog! Come Visit! ;)
http://elenellis.blogspot.it

Can you click like on my new facebook page? it would mean a lot to me!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elen-Ellis/403941993021612
Thanks sweetie!
Elen

Ashley said...

Alright, I know I'll be spending some time on that DIY blog design website. I've been meaning to update my blog for quite a while, but I'm too cheap/stubborn to spend money on it. :)

Enjoy your weekend with family....

oh, and you should email me your Pottermore name.

Stephanie said...

Love the monogram necklace! I want one now! :)

tiff said...

Thanks for the link to Something Swanky. I need to check it out. I don't really like the idea of paying someone $200 bucks to design my blog, you know?

Also, The Wonder Forest is great. She was in the Love Club indie box with me last month.

Pottermore is awesome. I got sorted into Hufflepuff, which I found strange...but then I embraced it and all the 'nerdiness' that comes with it.

I never thought about the cell phone thing, but now that I do...yeah, my boy and I are repeat repeat repeat offenders of this. Geez. We need to learn to communicate again!

Thank you for all the great links:)

-Tiffany
lifeofalostmuse.com

Susan said...

I love how you showcase what happened on your blog this week at the bottom of your posts. Brilliant!
And, I am loving the monogram necklaces. Great etsy store.
Happy Weekend. xo

Anonymous said...

Greate article. Keep posting such kind of information on your page.

Im really impressed by your site.
Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. I will certainly
digg it and in my opinion recommend to my friends.
I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.


Feel free to surf to my homepage - get more info

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...