Friday, January 25, 2013

friday's fancies #56: black + white.

due to the recent re-discovery of my black, stretchy, skinny jeans, i was excited to pull together a look for this week's friday's fancies theme, black & white. and ever since my new year, new you post, i've been obsessed with pops of pink & gold. not only do the anchor earrings play into that love, but i also have been drawn to all things nautical recently. 

you may [or may not] have noticed my absence from friday's fancies & friday's letters last week - every once in a while, i like to depart from my usual routine & put up either a wishes for this weekend or weekender post in place of the regulars. for me, it just keep things interesting, & ultimately, reaffirms my love of these two link-ups. so, a big thank you goes out to both alison & ashley for hosting what i consider two of the best link-ups in the blogging community.

friday's fancies #56: black + white.top | skinnies | nail polish | earrings | bag | boots | scarf


dear beautiful creatures, as i was telling lindsey yesterday, you started off extremely slowly, & i was bored until i got up into page 200 & beyond... but now, wow. i am hooked, & i am hoping to read your last few pages today, so i can start little women. dear overflowing email inboxes, the conquest of you began yesterday, & it will end today with your contents equalling zero once again. dear pitch perfect, why are you in my head 24/7? i mean, not that i'm complaining, but i'm beginning to think you're going to be the only movie i want to watch, ever. dear rebel wilson, why are you so funny? and furthermore, dear anna kendrick & brittany snow, why are y'all so awesome & beautiful, with pretty singing voices, too? thanks to you both, i'm pretty sure titanium will never be out of my head. it's pretty much playing in a continuous loop. dear justin, thank you for talking me off of the ledge that is my constant instinct to give up on careers. you're right - i get discouraged way too easily. dear wanna see it all, thank you for the shout-out on my battleship north carolina photo post. that really did make my day. dear job rejection emails, enough already! how about you move over & make way for your much sweeter cousin, the interview request phone call? dear self, stop giving up & jumping ship on every idea you have. instead, why not try having a little faith?




link-ups:
friday's fancies \ {long distance loving}
friday's letters \ the sweet season

16 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

We had the same idea with the pop of pink :)

And a no response to the resumes is pretty good. Usually I don't even get that!

Ashlyn | Let It Be Beautiful said...

the polka dot top is so cute + love the pop of pink, perfect for black & white color combo!

x

Laura said...

So cute! I went with a pop of pink too :) xo

Secondhand Stella said...

Love the pops of color... esp the pink.

Happy Friday!

Marie said...

I'm big fan of using pink as a pop of color!! Hope you have a great weekend!!

Blue Dog Belle said...

Loving the pop of color with the nails!

Keep trucking with the job hunt love! I know you'll find something perfect soon!

Alex Byer said...

Love that top! I picked something similar for my Friday's Fancies :) And I love love love those boots!

Alex
Nine to Five

Mellissa "Shia" Rondinelli said...

Loving the polka dots! Great pops of color with the bag & nail polish!

Happy Friday!
Shia
World According to Shia

The Tiny Button said...

Loving that bag!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Terri said...

I adore those gold earrings and the mint green purse is too pretty!

so anthro said...

Oh my gosh give me everything here. LOVE the pops of color!

Allyssa said...

Such a cute top! I love the pops of color too :)

Alicia said...

irecently just rediscovered my black skinnies as well, they were buried in my drawer! i LOVE this polka dot blouse, i wish i had it to go with my pants!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

We had the same idea as far as outfits ;) Your version is really cute and I love the pop of color!! I have the pitch perfect Titanium song in my head too!! That movie is seriously the best..it cracked my top 10 fave movie list! Don't give up on the job hunt, the right job will come along!! have a great weekend!!

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

We had the same idea as far as outfits ;) Your version is really cute and I love the pop of color!! I have the pitch perfect Titanium song in my head too!! That movie is seriously the best..it cracked my top 10 fave movie list! Don't give up on the job hunt, the right job will come along!! have a great weekend!!

Unknown said...

I love me some Bobbie Brown!!! =) Have you ever tried their lip glosses???

the back and forth.

Justin had to turn on the air conditioner again last night.  It's October 26 - doesn't that mean the heater can stay on? Doesn't...